Health - An Introduction (January 2014 start) (Cardonald Campus)
- SubjectHealth & Social Care
- QualificationNational Qualification
- Study methodsFT
Start term: January 2014
- Course contactAdministrator
0141 272 0647
*** Due to the increased volume of applications received for this course we have now suspended the applications process ***
This introductory course is aimed at those looking to undertake a career in care. This course enables adults returning to study or students with no qualifications the opportunity to gain the qualifications required for entry to the Intermediate 2 or Higher Health Care courses.
Course content includes:
- Skills for work in the health sector
- Health and safety for care
- Accident and emergency procedures
- HIV, Hepatitis B and C and related illnesses.
Duration18 week from January to June 2014
No formal entry requirements are necessary for this course. Applicants will be asked to attend a group interview and must provide one acceptable reference.
- Health Care Intermediate 2
- Social Care Intermediate 2
- Health Care Higher
- Social Care Higher
- Employment in Health Care.