Social Care - An Introduction (January 2014 start) (Cardonald Campus)
- SubjectHealth & Social Care
- QualificationNational Qualification
- Study methodsFT
Start term: January 2014
- Course contactAdministrator
0141 272 0647
This course is aimed at people who have no qualifications or experience in care but are interested in working in social care.
The course is designed to give students experience of a range of care subjects. There is also an opportunity to study a range of core skills including communications, IT and numeracy.
Course content includes:
- Communication Skills for Care Workers
- Values and Principles for Care
- Sociology and Psychology for Care
- Health and Safety for Care
- STEPS Programme
- Personal Learning Support Plan.
There are no formal entry qualifications but entry is subject to interview and one reference.