HND Media and Communication
- QualificationHigher National Diploma
- Study methodsFull-time
Start term: August/September 2013
Duration: 2 years
- Course contactAdministrator - COURSE DETAILS
0141 272 0645
For APPLICATION enquiries- call the
Admissions team on 0141 272 3186
You'll learn about the latest developments in the worlds of journalism and broadcasting, find out how advertising agencies work, learn how to organise and manage events, become one of the few people who really know what public relations amounts to, and what the secrets of marketing are.
The course also trains you how to analyse film and introduces you to the skills needed for working in TV and radio, and gives you the opportunity to manage and take responsibility for a media and communications project.
Advertising, public relations, marketing, events management, digital video production and editing, journalism, InDesign graphic communication, web design, oral presentation skills, film theory, media law, and planning and running your own campaigns for real clients.
Because we have an established reputation for high standards, and our students achieve good results with a high proportion of our successful students progressing to university or industry employment. We work in new, up-to-date accommodation and have experienced and dedicated staff. 'Above all because we give you the perfect combination of sound background knowledge and practical know-how...real skills which you can use in real situations.
"My tutor is superb. All my subjects are made easier by the teaching staff".
- Two Highers including English at C or above and relevant experience.
- Portfolio of written work.
- An interview is part of the selection process.
- 2nd or 3rd year entry to BA Broadcast Productions at University of the West of Scotland.
- 2nd or 3rd year entry to Film-making & Screenwriting at University of the West of Scotland.
- 2nd or 3rd Year entry to Media and Communication at Glasgow Caledonian University
- 2nd or 3rd Year entry to Communication, Advertising and PR at Edinburgh Napier University
- 2nd or 3rd Year entry to Media at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
- 2nd or 3rd Year entry to Film and Media at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
- 2nd or 3rd Year entry to PR and Media at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
- Employment in the Communication and Media industry.